Pharming is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing innovative products for the safe, effective treatment of rare diseases and unmet medical needs. We are committed to transforming the future for our patients. We develop innovative products for the treatment of unmet medical needs.
Pharming’s lead product, RUCONEST® (conestat alfa) is a recombinant human C1 esterase inhibitor approved for the treatment of acute Hereditary Angioedema (“HAE”) attacks in patients in Europe, the US, Israel and South Korea. The product is available on a named-patient basis in other territories where it has not yet obtained marketing authorization.
"Patient safety is our highest priority"
Pharming’s technology platform includes a unique, GMP-compliant, validated process for the production of pure recombinant human proteins that has proven capable of producing industrial quantities of high quality recombinant human proteins in a more economical and less immunogenetic way compared with current cell-line based methods.
Leads for enzyme replacement therapy (“ERT”) for Pompe and Fabry’s diseases are being optimized at present, with additional programs not involving ERT also being explored at an early stage at present.
Pharming has a long-term partnership with the China State Institute of Pharmaceutical Industry (“CSIPI”), a Sinopharm company, for joint global development of new products, starting with recombinant human Factor VIII for the treatment of Haemophilia A. Pre-clinical development and manufacturing will take place to global standards at CSIPI and are funded by CSIPI. Clinical development will be shared between the partners with each partner taking the costs for their territories under the partnership.
Pharming has operations in the Netherlands, Germany, France and the US, with its headquarters in Leiden (NL), with170 employees in total.
At a glance:
- First product approved and marketed: RUCONEST®
- Recombinant human C1-esterase inhibitor (enzyme replacement therapy)
- For acute angioedema attacks in patients with hereditary angioedema (HAE)
- Marketed in USA, EU, Korea and Israel with other territories coming
- Platform technology makes recombinant human molecules cleanly and efficiently
- New Enzyme Replacement Therapies (ERT) for other genetic conditions about to enter clinic
Pharming is focused on the following activities:
- Commercialising its own products in the major markets, with RUCONEST® as its lead product at present
- Where the product is partnered, assisting the partner to obtain the best value for RUCONEST® and patients by pursuing additional regulatory approvals and additional indications for the product
- Developing more convenient dosing forms of RUCONEST® and developing RUCONEST® for additional indications
- Developing new protein replacement treatments for enzyme-deficiency disorders such as Pompe disease and Fabry’s disease, and other possible approaches
- Evaluating external opportunities to enhance the product range and pipeline to enable better value from Pharming’s resources.
Pharming is committed to:
- Value creation for all stakeholders through an entrepreneurial culture with appropriate recognition and efficient management of opportunities and risks; and
- Communicating openly, consistently, fairly and in a timely manner to all internal and external stakeholders; and
- Operating to the highest standards of ethics, environmental responsibility and animal welfare; and Continuing to maintain the highest levels of social and corporate responsibility as a pharmaceutical company, a research organization, an employer, a partner and a workplace.
"We endeavour to carry out all business in a highly ethical fair and honest manner"